Friday, September 18, 2009

Day #25: Lausanne

After holding my eyes open with tooth picks, I finally went to bed at 9pm. I know, lame. I woke up at 6am and caught to 7am train from Interlaken to Lausanne. Switzerland has a number of scenic rail routs and my train was on the Golden Pass route. It was a relatively quiet ride and, after the third stop, I had an entire car to myself to enjoy the mountainside scenery.

After I arrived in Lausanne, I dropped my bag off at my hostel and immediately boarded a boat to cruise on Lake Geneva. The cruise ended at Chateau de Chillon, a remarkably well preserved castle that dates back to 1150 A.D. Other than the fact it was still standing right on the lake where it was originally built, the castle was otherwise pretty boring.

I then hiked a mile to the village of Montreaux where I caught a boat back to Lausanne and enjoyed the sunset over lake. All in all, a pretty relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment