Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day #24: Swiss Alps

I'm not going lie, I'm pretty exhausted right now. So this will be a short post.

I started this morning at 5:30, caught the 6:35 train from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen, then another train from Lauterbrunnen to Wengen. Waited 15 minutes in Wengen for the next train from Lauterbrunnen which was bringing the camera I left on the ticket counter. Then, I caught the 8am gondola to Mannelich.

From Mannelich, I hiked an hour and a half to Kleine Shaddegg. From that city, I caught a train to Jungfraujoch, the highest train station in Europe at just under 15,000 feet. From there, I hiked across a glacier, had lunch, hiked back across the glacier. Then I caught the train back to Kleine Shaddegg and hiked 2.5 hours down to Grimmevald. Then, I caught a train to Interlaken and arrived back at my hostel at 7:15pm. Whew. The hiking was glorious and the heavy clouds parted for two hours, long enough for me to get some great pictures.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, absolutely breathtaking!! I know I've said it before, but dang, I wish I was there with you!

    ReplyDelete