Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day #43: A Tale of Two Cities

This is going to be a short post since the lady only gave me a 30 minute internet time card, when I clearly asked for an hour. But anyway, I started off the morning in Paris. And after an ordeal at La Poste, mailing some things off, I hopped onto the Eurostar train to London. (Its a long story, you'll have to ask me about it later. Suffice it to say that while I loved Paris, I did not love the French way of doing things.)

After checking into my hostel and buying a Tube pass, I was off to my first stop: the British Museum. And since King's Cross Station is on the way, I just had to stop by to see Platform 9 3/4. The people at the station seemed pretty good natured about their fame and have even sunk a cart halfway into the wall.


When I finally got to the British Museum, it was simply amazing. From the Rosetta Stone to the winged lions of Assyria to the Elgin Marbles from the Parthenon to Cleopatra's mummy, the British Museum really is the world's attic, in terms of the cool stuff they have. If I had to do college all over again, I might be a Classics major. I get pretty geekily excited about these things.

I finished off the evening by having dinner with Kaitlin, a friend of mine from UNC days. She's in London getting her master's in museum studies, so it was good to reconnect with her. After the long day, it was time to turn in!

No comments:

Post a Comment